Taylor Hicks was announced the winner of American Idol last night, at the end an impressive season finale episode. With loads of guest performances, the show's entertainment value came from quality musical performances, rivaling the Grammys and AMAs, rather than the hype of announcing the American Idol winner.
"I was in awe the whole time," said my co-worker Karla. "I loved every second of it. I don’t know what to do with myself now that American Idol is over... I’ll have nothing to look forward to – except for the concert and next season, of course."
Some highlights included:
- A stand-out surprise performance from Prince.
- Chris Daughtry singing with Live.
- Clay Aiken surprising a lookalike.
- Toni Braxton awkwardly humping Taylor Hick during a duet.
- The Brokenote Mountain Cowboys.
- Katherine McPhee. The girl is flawless.
- Elliott Yamin singing U2's "One" with Mary J. Blige.
- David Hasselhoff crying after Taylor Hicks was announced the winner.
There. I'm done. No more American Idol. I'm now off to reclaim my masculinity.