I don't normally write anything about sports, but that Seahawks-Cowboys game produced one of the most dramatic fourth-quarters I have ever seen. Here's a breakdown of what happened:
- Matt Hasselbeck opened the quarter with an interception. Nice.
- The Cowboys completed a field goal.
- The Seahawks blew a first and goal from the 1.
- At their own 2, Tony Romo threw a pass to Terry Glenn and rookie cornerback Kelly Jennings stripped the ball. The ball bounced back into the end zone and Lofa Tatupu tipped it up before it went out of bounds. Michael Boulware landed on the ball for an apparent touchdown.
- A review showed that Tatupu had his foot just out of bounds when he tipped it, so it went down as a safety and the Cowboys punted.
- Hasselbeck hit Jerramy Stevens streaking down the middle for a 37-yard touchdown. The two-point conversion failed, but the Seahawks led 21-20.
- The Cowboys moved up field and appeared to be primed for a game-winning 19-yard field goal.
- Romo fumbled a good snap. He jumped up to run with it, but Jordan Babineaux stopped him at the 2. The Seahawks win. Everyone makes fun of Romo.